News from BlossomCo
- Reusable Fabric Face CoveringsAlthough we’re best known for making beautiful dog collars etc, we had so many requests for facemasks (reusable face coverings) made in similar fabrics, that we set our sewing team loose on them! The result we think, is fabulous!
Four designs are available from stock now – other designs on request.These face coverings are made using two layers of 100% cotton fabric. A side opening between the 2 layers allows you to insert your own filter material if you wish, and so turn it into a 3 layer mask. The covering is fitted using an elastic loop that slides over the wearer’s head – rather than their ears. This provides for greater comfort, avoids rubbing the skin behind the wearer’s ears and also prevents the appearance of pulling the ears wider. Government advice in many countries now recommends the use of a face covering in public places where social distancing is not always possible, in order to help minimise the spread of the Covid-19 virus*. So whether using public transport, visiting shops or walking the dog through a public park, you may wish, or be required, to wear a face covering. BlossomCo’s washable and reusable fabric face coverings let you do it in style!!
- Two layers of soft 100% cotton fabric
- Side opening to insert your choice of filter (not supplied)
- Fitted using adjustable elastic loop over the head for greater comfort
- Machine washable
- Made in Great Britain
Available in other fabric designs from our Originals Collection of collars please just ask
…for those who want to co-ordinate with their dogs… why not!
See the collection of face coverings here on our main product page.
Or contact us here to enquire further.*Please note that these face coverings are not medical grade facemasks and no claims are made regarding protection against virus infection, transmission or spread etc. Due to the nature of the product, no returns or exchanges are permitted.
- Proud to be Faux – Suede CollectionHandmade and made in England, BlossomCo’s latest collection of dog collars and leads is cut from luxury, super soft, faux suede. With wide reaching appeal for dog lovers looking for animal friendly products, these faux suede dog collars and leads provide a great way to dress a dog in style and keep a clear conscience! The faux suede fabric is also very strong, soft and comfortable for dogs to wear – so they’re animal friendly in all ways! The collars and leads come in a choice of four bold, vibrant, colourways with contrasting cotton stitching and high quality metalware fittings. We’re delighted to announce that our Proud to be Faux Collection has been shortlisted for Gift of the Year 2020. Due for release in early 2020, be among the first to know when this stunning collection of handmade faux suede dog collars and leads is available – just sign up to our newsletter for product alerts!
- Stylish Coastal Design Dog CollarsHot off the design tables at BlossomCo is our new collection of super stylish coastal design dog collars. The BlossomCo Coastal Collection is a fabulous set of designs inspired by elements of the sea, sand, beaches, seaside towns and all that reminds us of time spent on the coast. From sea shells and starfish, to lighthouses, sea gulls, anchors and the quayside, these designs evoke imagery of lazy days spent in and around the coast. Whether it’s ambling along the quayside, running along the beach, standing proudly at the bow of a boat with ears, tongue and tail wagging in the sea breeze, or just curled up in a seaside cafe or Inn watching the waves roll in, BlossomCo’s coastal designs of dog collars and leads are a great addition to any dog’s seaside wardrobe! Available in three sizes of collar and with a matching lead available for each design – what better way for your dog to be dressed. Matching dog bandanas in each of the coastal designs are also available to fully complete the sea-dog look!
BlossomCo’s Coastal Collection of Handmade Dog Collars
Lighthouses, Sea Gulls and Sea Shells DesignsThe Coastal designs can be found here on our products page along with all our other current designs of handmade dog collars, leads and bandanas. All BlossomCo products are proudly handmade in England by our own seamstresses.
- Yay! Shortlisted for Gift of the Year 2018 FinalsThe tension was mounting on Thursday 14th as we approached 1pm and the shortlist for this year’s Gift of the Year 2018 finalists was due to be announced. And as the email landed in our Inbox a few minutes later we were delighted to hear that our entry for 2018 had been included in the shortlist. Yay!! This year, our entry is our Liberty Art Fabrics Collection of fabulous dog collars and leads. The four beautiful designs in the collection are Betsy, Elodie Bea, June’s Meadow and Thorpe, all made using genuine Liberty Art Fabrics. Collars come in 3 sizes with one size of matching lead – and by popular request, matching key-rings are also available in this collection. So now you and your faithful friend can match your accessories when it’s time to leave the house for a walk. Here are the beautiful leads and collars on display: See this and our other stunning Collections of beautiful dog collars and leads on our Products Page …and it’s a case of Paws firmly crossed for the next stage where we hope to have made it into the final stage! The chosen finalists are announced in mid January with the Gift of the Year award show following in early February. Here’s to 2018!
- Ready for SummerWe’re looking forward to the Summer season with all it entails (almost a canine pun there!). As Spring has at last sprung and brighter mornings and longer evenings gather pace, we drift towards thoughts of Summer occasions – tennis at Wimbledon, cricket being played on village greens up and down the country, picnics, walks in the countryside and holidays and trips to the seaside. Here at BlossomCo we’re always working on new designs for our collections of beautiful dog collars and leads and we recently released some that suit the feel of the season ahead. image as Wimbledon above, “Seymour” is an eye-catching red stripe design in soft ticking fabric. Released recently along with a similar version in a blue stripe, you can see both the Seymour and Huntingdon dog collars and leads in ticking fabric here.
- Flo Wears Harris Tweed to visit the HairdresserIs Flo heading to Hollywood?? This is Flo, a lovely Poodle from Belgium. Although her owner says Flo is now a very ‘Old Lady’ at over 17 (that’s about 120 in dog years) she is still fit, well and very active! Flo often makes taking a photograph a little difficult though and it can be hard to both see her gorgeous little face and collar at the same time. However, in this photo she has just returned from a trip to her hairdresser so she is looking good and happy to sit the right way long enough to model our Eriskay dog collar in Harris Tweed. Maybe this could be her jump to stardom and follow in the footsteps of another famous Belgian lady, Audrey Hepburn, towards fame in Tinseltown. If she keeps practising the modelling pose, maybe she’ll get there! Still glamorous at 120!
- Soft Ticking Stripes Dog Collars and LeadsOne of our first releases of the year sees the launch of two new BlossomCo designs, Seymour and Huntingdon, at Top Drawer Spring/Summer Olympia, London. Both new designs are made from lovely soft ticking fabric with the traditional style stripes associated with ticking. The Seymour design is an eye-catching red stripe on soft white background, and complementing it in a mid-blue tone is the Huntingdon design. Both styles are available as usual in three sizes of dog collar, and one length lead. For those looking for a beautiful but less intricate style of dog collar, these two designs provide a perfect option.
- Fizz has serious attitude and beautiful dog accessoriesFirst here’s an old joke about a dog who grabs the postman’s hat and takes a bite out of it. The postman shouts to the dog’s owner “Your dog’s eating my hat!” The owner says “That’s just what dogs do.” “I don’t like your attitude!” responds the postman. The dog owner replies “It wasn’t my attitude, it was your hat-he-chewed.” After that bad joke, meet Fizz! The dog with attitude (and nothing to do with hats!) Who: Fizz Wears: Kitty – the full complement of matching collar, lead and bandana (Way to go Fizz!). Kitty’s owner is also helping her extend her BlossomCo wardrobe with some additional new designs. Life with Fizz: This is a dog with serious attitude… She huffs and puffs and moans if she doesn’t get her own way! If you tell her no… Miss attitude comes out. Habits: Apart from some gentle(?) snoring from time to time, Fizz also loves her collection of teddies (… a future story maybe?) and greets her owners on their return with a teddy in her mouth and snorting everywhere as she does… Fizz likes: Fizz loves licking – and no one can get her to stop, so watch out if you get too close!! She also loves to have her tummy tickled and will roll on her back to get a tickle from anyone!! She never tires of playing fetch, and also likes to burrow under anything to get all nice and snuggled up… Her favourite thing of all though, is sitting on the sofa and looking out at all the birds and squirrels in the garden – maybe she thinks she’s on the Night’s Watch from Game of Thrones! And most of all of course, Fizz loves wearing her BlossomCo attire and all the attention it brings!
- Gift Of the Year 2016 Winners – Highly Commended FinalistWell, BlossomCo didn’t quite win The Gift of the Year award but we were very pleased to come out with a Highly Commended award at the Giftware Association awards ceremony. Held at the end of the first day of the Spring Fair at Birmingham’s NEC, the awards were presented by Cath Kidston and as the evening progressed, and the time for announcing the awards got closer, so the tension rose! It would have been fabulous to have won outright, but a Highly Commended award feels like a good reward for all the effort that gone in to developing the BlossomCo collections of collars and leads and building our brand over the last couple of years. Thank you to everyone, including our stockists, who have helped us along the way.
- The William Morris CollectionEmbracing the work of one of the UK’s most influential and outstanding designers of the Arts and Crafts movement, our exclusive and timeless William Morris Collection of dog collars and leads make a popular gift for dog owners and their faithful friends. Initially commissioned at the request of the William Morris Gallery, and now available through gift retailers, our beautiful new collection gives dogs a contemporary flair to be envious of. ‘Strawberry Thief’, ‘Snakeshead’, ‘Lodden’ and ‘Golden Lilly’ are four classic William Morris designs that make a highly desirable gift for dog owners. Our stunning new William Morris Collection was recently shortlisted in The Giftware Association’s Gift of the Year 2016 Awards for the ‘Made in UK’ category. Why not add our William Morris Collection to your shop today ?
- The Red Carpet is out for our Gift of the Year 2016 NomineesIt was amazing to find out that we had been shortlisted for The Giftware Association’s Gift of the Year awards for the second year running. This success has been topped with even more glittering news!! We are delighted to tell you that our collars and leads are now Gift of Year 2016 ‘FINALISTS’ for ‘Fashion Accessories’. Alice, Elizabeth, Wilbur and Angus will be pounding the red carpet on Sunday 7th February when the winner will be announced during the Spring Fair at the NEC.If you are going to be at the Spring Fair between 7th and 11th February, why not come and see us at Stand 6R25 to see our finalists and the stars that were shortlisted. Keep your paws crossed…
- Barking Success – Gift of the Year 2016We are very excited and proud with the news that for the second year running, we have been shortlisted in the prestigious Giftware Association’s Gift of the Year Awards. In this year’s Gift of Year 2016 Awards, we have been shortlisted not just for ONE Award but for THREE AWARDS! The nominations are:
- The timeless new William Morris Collection of dog accessories has been shortlisted for ‘Made in UK’
- The Time Collection of Mugs which captures the essence of the relationship between a dog owner and their furry friend have been shortlisted for ‘Kitchen and Dining’
- Four of our most recent irresistible designs – Alice, Elizabeth, Wilbur and Angus – have been shortlisted for ‘Fashion Accessories’What an amazing start to 2016 for BlossomCo!!
- Dashing through the snow…
Hi Freddie – What’s this year’s look for stylish dogs like us this Christmas?? I’m thinking something seasonal but not too Christmassy if you get my drift? Archie.Hi Archie Angus is our fabulous new winter addition to the BlossomCo family and will certainly make any dog feel extra special this winter as they set of for a walk wearing our stunning new dog collar and lead. The stylish red linen and the dashing Highland Stag design set the scene of a beautiful winter wonderland. Just like you want Archie – it beautifully reflects the winter season in a stylish and subtle way without overdoing the Christmas theme itself! Let’s hope you get a collar and lead set shortly! Give Angus as a gift to a dog owning friend this Christmas and you will be sure to put a smile on their face and an extra wag in their dog’s tail this winter. If you would like to stock any of our Angus dog accessories then please email us or if you would like to purchase any of our Angus dog accessories then please search for a BlossomCo stockist near you. Angus will give dogs and their owners a festive cheer this Christmas.
- We’re at Top Drawer in January 2016We’ve booked our place at Top Drawer, have you? We are very excited to have booked our place at Top Drawer, London Olympia from Sunday 17th January until Tuesday 19th January 2016. This is a great opportunity for you to come and see our exciting new range of dog accessories that we are excited to launch at Top Drawer. We will be at stand N50, so make sure that you book your ticket today and come and see our exciting new range of designs.
- Three Barks for the Queen…Our Union Jacks are out to today as we celebrate the HM Queen Elizabeth II as she becomes Britain’s longest reigning monarch.
Jack – Fabulous Union Jack Dog Accessories!
At 5:30pm the Queen will have reigned for 63 years and seven months, she surpasses the record set by her great-great-grandmother Queen Victoria.We are very proud to be British on this special day and take great pride in producing our Made in Britain dog accessories and gifts for dog lovers! Mark this special occasion by spoiling your dog or a dog owning friend with one of our royal dog accessories – “Jack” and “Elizabeth”.
Elizabeth – The Royalty of Dog Accessories